Employee Referral Program
As a responsible, ethical corporate citizen, Roers does not directly recruit or solicit applications from employees of customers, suppliers, competitors, or other employers in the community. It is okay to respond to inquiries from these individuals when they initiate an interest of employment at Roers, but it is not our practice to approach or actively recruit applicants from these sources.
1. Referral Eligibility: All Roers employees are eligible, except for those employees at Executive level and higher. Supervisors and Managers are not eligible for referrals that are within their scope of hiring authority.
2. Referral date cannot be earlier than the date the position is posted. The hiring of a new employee must occur within 180 days (six months) of the initial referral date.
3. Temporary, contract and former employees of Roers who have left Roers within the last twelve months are not eligible.
4. Only regular full-time and part-time positions and temporary positions are eligible for a referral payment as noted above. Agency and contract positions are not eligible.
5. To be eligible for a referral payment, Human Resources must first receive the candidate’s resume and/or employment application along with a completed referral form.
6. The first employee to refer a candidate will be the only referring employee eligible for a referral payment.
7. Only candidates who meet the qualifications for the position will be considered.
8. All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with Roers policies and procedures.
9. All information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.
10. The referring employee must be employed by Roers during the new employees’ first 180 days of continuous employment for a regular full-time or part-time position or 90 days for temporary position in order to receive the referral payment. The same applies after the new employee completes one year of continuous employment.
11. Any disputes or interpretations of the program will be handled through Human Resources.
12. All referral payments less applicable income tax withholdings will be paid within one week after the new employee completes the required employment period.
13. Roers reserves the right to discontinue the Employee Referral Program at any time.
14. Referrals made prior to the program being discontinued will be honored.
Requirements & Procedures
To refer a potential employee, please complete this form and return it, along with a copy of the prospective candidate’s resume, application, or both, to the Human Resources department.
You are eligible for a referral award only when you refer external candidates.
If your candidate is hired for a regular full time or part time position you will be awarded $500.00 after they have been employed for 180 continuous days. If your candidate is hired for a temporary position you will be awarded $250.00 after they have been employed for 90 continuous days.
All referral payments will be made to the referring employee within one week after the new employee meets the employment requirements for their respective hiring class.
Supervisors and Managers are not eligible for referrals that are within their scope of hiring authority.
The first employee to refer a candidate will be the only referring employee eligible for a referral payment.